VOC emission regulations are constantly being updated in order to protect the environment and air quality. The French regional environmental, development and housing departments (DREAL) and prefectures are imposing more stringent VOC emission levels and applying more stringent criteria on the properties of substance emissions (CMR compounds, environmentally hazardous compounds, etc).
Explorair is the only laboratory that can offer direct, targeted in situ analysis of VOCs and permanent gases. This gives us the advantage of being able to compare results of readings taken in situ against the February 1998 ministerial guidelines on total VOCs. These same readings also let you ascertain whether or not a large number of the CMR molecules and molecules listed under Annex III are being discharged. Our reports are accepted by the French regional environmental, development and housing departments (DREAL).
Our semi-continuous, in situ analyses close to the source of the test emission ensure reliable readings with no sample damage, and with the added bonus of initial results in real time:
- Semi-continuous analysis: one analysis every 2 to 5 minutes; kinetic monitoring per targeted VOC (see technical bulletin)
- Analysis of VOC from C1 to C9, sulphur compounds and permanent gases in under 5 minutes
- VOCs detected from concentration levels of 1 ppm
- Compound concentrations monitored kinetically and results correlated with production phases
- Simultaneous readings can be taken upstream and downstream of a gas-treatment system: system efficiency calculations (see technical bulletin)
- Initial approximation of results in real time
- Manufacturers can adjust some of the process operating parameters and observe the effects of the change in real time
We also carry out canisters sampling at or above atmospheric pressure, and laboratory analysis.
We perform these analyses by µGC/MS (micro gas chromatograph combined with a mass spectrometer).